Internet Connection Sharing over Ethernet in Windows
By default the WiFi Pineapple is expecting an Internet connection from 172.16.42.42 on its LAN. Connect the WiFi Pineapple LAN port to the Windows PC host. On the NANO this is the male USB A plug. On the TETRA this is the USB ETH port.
- Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections
- Locate the WiFi Pineapple network interface
- For convenience the network interface may be renamed by highlighting it and pressing F2
- From the Internet connection source (typically a Wi-Fi or Ethernet), right-click the interface and select Properties.
- From the Sharing tab check the box labeled Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection and select the WiFi Pineapple network interface from the drop down menu.
- Click OK
- Right-click the WiFi Pineapple network interface and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Replace the default IP address with 172.16.42.42
- Click OK
- Click Close