Comment on page
In the extreme case that a LAN Turtle has become permanently inaccessible or inoperative, there is a quick method for recovery using a dedicated recovery web interface.
Note that the factory recovery firmware differs from the regular firmware image and must be used for this process. Do not attempt firmware recovery using the normal LAN Turtle firmware.
- 2.Carefully open the LAN Turtle case by removing the two screws underneath the sticker on the bottom and pry the bottom plate from the top, exposing the underneath of the PCB.
Be careful not to remove the top plastic housing as the 3G variant has an antenna adhered to this section.
- 3.Locate the reset switch, button or jumper pad for your the LAN Turtle variant.
- 4.While holding the reset button, switch or jumper on the bottom of the LAN Turtle, plug the device into a computer and continue holding for the first 5 seconds during boot, then release.
- 5.Wait an additional 30-180 seconds to receive an IP address from the LAN Turtle.Jumper pads for reset
If you do not receive an IP address in the 192.168.x range from the LAN Turtle within a minute, statically assign the LAN Turtle’s interface to 192.168.1.2 (netmask 255.255.255.0)
Statically asigning IP in Kali
LAN Turtle Recovery page
- 7.Wait 5-10 minutes until flashing completes as indicated by a special LED blink pattern seen in the video above.
When the flash is complete the LAN Turtle will reboot and will be accessible again from 172.16.84.1 with the default username root and password sh3llz
Last modified 4mo ago