The WiFi Pineapple features a firmware recovery web interface which allows you to restore the device to factory state.
- Download the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII recovery image from downloads.hak5.org.
- Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
- Begin holding the reset button on the device.
- With the reset button held, connect a USB cable between your computer and the USB-C port on the WiFi Pineapple.
- Continue holding the reset for about 5 seconds.
- Release the reset button after the third red LED blink.
- From your computer, configure the Ethernet interface associated with the WiFi Pineapple to have a static IP address of 172.16.42.42 with the netmask 255.255.255.0.
- From your computer, browse to http://172.16.42.1
- Navigate to the recovery tab, upload the image from the first step and flash the firmware.
Do not power off or unplug the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII during the firmware flashing process, as doing so may damage the device. This process will take between 5–10 minutes to complete. When finished the WiFi Pineapple will reboot, and you may access the initial setup page at http://172.16.42.1:1471