The WiFi Pineapple features a firmware recovery web interface which allows you to restore the device to factory state. This recovery interface is only accessible via the USB Ethernet interface and cannot be accessed via WiFi.
- Download the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII recovery image from downloads.hak5.org.
- Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
- Begin holding the reset button on the device.
- With the reset button held, connect a USB cable between your computer and the USB-C port on the WiFi Pineapple.
- Continue holding the reset button until the LED blinks red three times, then release the button and the LED will show solid red.
- From your computer, configure the USB Ethernet interface (ASIX) associated with the WiFi Pineapple to have a static IP address of 172.16.42.42 with the netmask 255.255.255.0.
- From your computer, browse to http://172.16.42.1:80
- Navigate to the recovery tab, upload the image from the first step and flash the firmware.
Do not power off or unplug the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII during the firmware flashing process, as doing so may damage the device. This process will take between 5–10 minutes to complete. When finished the WiFi Pineapple will reboot, and you may access the initial setup page at http://172.16.42.1:1471
Note: If you have trouble reaching the recovery web interface from step 7 after configuring the static IP address from step 6, consider disabling any additional interfaces (WiFi, second Ethernet) or reconfiguring your routing table such that the 172.16.42.0/24 network is accessible.