In the extreme case that the Key Croc has become permanently inaccessible or inoperative, there is a quick method for recovery using a special boot pattern.
- Hold the arming mode button with a paperclip, SIM card tool or similar instrument.
- While holding the arming mode button, plug the Key Croc into a USB port and unplug it immediately after the green LED turns white.
- Repeat step #2 three times while holding the arming mode button.
- Finally, plug the Key Croc into a USB port a 4th time when when the green LED turns to an alternating red/blue pattern, release the arming mode button.
- This process will take 5-10 minutes. When the firmware recovery has completed, the Key Croc will reboot, indicated by the green LED.
Technical note: This process will replace the primary boot partition with a copy of firmware version 1.0 kept on a backup partition. If the backup partition has been damaged, this process will fail.