Shark Jack firmware may be updated by using the sharkjack.sh helper script. That said, it is also possible to manually upgrade the firmware by following this process:
- Download the latest UPDATE file from https://downloads.hak5.org/shark and verify its checksum.
- Power on the Shark Jack in Arming Mode and connect it to a reliable USB power source
- Copy the file upgrade file to the Shark Jack's /tmp directory via SCP (e.g. "scp upgrade-1.1.0.bin firstname.lastname@example.org:/tmp/")
- SSH into the Shark Jack (e.g. "ssh email@example.com")
- From the Shark Jack's bash prompt, issue the sysupgrade command relevant to your firmware update file (e.g. "sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade-1.1.0.bin")
- Wait 5-10 minutes as the Shark Jack flashes the firmware and reboots. DO NOT unplug the device from USB power during this process as doing so will render the device inoperable.