LAN Turtle firmware may be updated”over the air” by choosing Check for Updates from the Config menu. If an Internet providing Ethernet connection is not available, updates may be flashed to the device manually using the following process:
- Download the latest UPDATE file from the download center and verify its checksum.
- Verify that the SHA256 checksums match
- Manually SCP the file to the LAN Turtle in /tmp (ex: scp turtle-5.bin email@example.com:/tmp/)
- From the LAN Turtle, exit shell to the bash prompt and issue: sysupgrade -n /tmp/turtle-3.bin
- Wait about 5 minutes for the LAN Turtle to flash the firmware and reboot itsself