In the extreme case that a LAN Turtle has become permanently inaccessible or inoperative, there is a quick method for recovery using a special web interface.
- Download the latest LAN Turtle factory image from the Hak5 Download Center.
- Carefully open the LAN Turtle case by removing the two screws underneath the sticker on the bottom
- While holding the button on the bottom of the LAN Turtle, plug the device into a computer
- After 3 seconds let go of the button and wait an additional 30 seconds to receive an IP address from the LAN Turtle
- If you do not receive an IP address in the 192.168.x range from the LAN Turtle within a minute, statically assign the LAN Turtle’s interface to 192.168.1.2 (netmask 255.255.255.0)
- Browse to the LAN Turtle firmware recovery web interface at http://192.168.1.1
- Follow the on screen prompts to upload and flash the factory image downloaded in step 1
- When the flash is complete the LAN Turtle will reboot and will be accessible again from 172.16.84.1 with the default username root and password sh3llz