Updating the Bash Bunny Firmware
From time to time Hak5 releases firmware updates for the Bash Bunny including new features, bug fixes and security improvements. The easiest way to install these is with the Bash Bunny updater.
Your Bash Bunny can be easily upgraded to the latest firmware version. Just copying an upgrade file to the root of the Bash Bunny flash drive in arming mode, safely eject it, and plug it back into your computer in arming mode.
The first time the Bash Bunny is upgraded it will indicate the flashing process with a red blinking LED for up to 10 minutes. The flashing process will be followed by a green LED to indicate that the Bash Bunny is rebooting. Finally the standard slow blinking blue LED will indicate that the flashing process has succeeded and arming mode is ready.
- 2.Verify that the SHA256 checksum of the downloaded firmware files matches the checksum listed from the download site
- 3.Slide the Bash Bunny switch into Arming Mode (closest to the USB plug) and plug the Bash Bunny into your computer
- 4.Copy the firmware upgrade file downloaded in step 1 to the root of the Bash Bunny flash drive.
- 5.Safely eject the Bash Bunny flash drive (IMPORTANT)
- 6.With the switch still in Arming Mode, plug the Bash Bunny back into your computer and wait 10 minutes.